Friday, June 28, 2002
sub 2000 lbs now.
1960 at weight in this mornign w/o exhaust or rear hatch!
Thursday, June 27, 2002
Wednesday, June 26, 2002
1. more rivets = hole in rear pass fender wheel well patched. we again have a car that dosnt let in that much dust. - u cant see the tires from inside anymore!
2. 1/3 of rear exhaust pipe is trashed. just have to ditch the cat, and get a straight pipe made up. RAAR RAAR.
3. dash is now stripped. we have "custom dashboard" = oem dash minus the stupid cracked foam stuff.
4. all vents are killed
5. dead clock is gone
6. no more rubber bellows thingy. u can kinda feel the shifter action!
7. fixed the crazy fan thingy. found the plug and pulled it!
weigh in will be interesting tomoro. target sub 2Klbs!
Monday, June 24, 2002
it has been a while since the ae86 has caused havoc on the streets.
- it has real insurance - non brother stuff ; AAA
- real blue metal license plate from SOS
- paint inside the trunk area
- 2 headlights that work!! hand wiring !!!
- 2 headlights sans motors, that are zip-tied up!
- cut weight due to more rust
- removed 6 paper wasp nests!
- took away the nasty centre console
- floor board is rotted through by the clutch pedal
- real winshield wiper nossles
- no winshield wipers - removed for now
- found broken e-brake cable
idears: should we make a truck outa our AE86?